Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Wish

Maybe this will be my year, publishing wise. Death Sword was offered a (back list) contract by Kensington/Lyrical Press, and I have a release date for Exterminating Angel. That means I'll have two short novels, plus two short stories out. While I don't have a release date for "Gabrielle" (Hekate Press), it should be this year. Add to that my five anthology stories and I have to admit I'm not doing too badly. Add to that the partial and completed manuscripts and ideas, and I have material for a few years at least.

Sometimes, though, I feel I don't have the support of my fellow authors, that I don't fit in. I stopped going to one writing group because I sensed some members didn't like my subject matter: m/m romance. Another group seemed to be dominated by a few individuals, and, quite honestly, ruined that group for me, although I like several of the authors there.

My wish is for readers. And it's not like I haven't tried to reach out to them. Sometimes I wonder if they got lost. :-(  I keep hoping that maybe things will get better. I think the Ten Tales anthology stories are helping. Have to admit, it's a great feeling when a reviewer likes my story. Not that it happens with every review, but when I collect my stories together to publish in a collection, I plan to mention those particular reviews to the publisher. (I have a couple of local publishers in mind for this collection, which is an ongoing work in progress.)

Also, I should have some more good news soon. But I can't say anything just yet. Soon, though. It took almost a year, but when they say "patience is a virtue," yeah, I can say sometimes it pays off. :-)




No comments: