Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Playing with Pinterest

Had to admit, I wasn't too keen on this social networking site. Fellow authors seemed excited about it, but what with all the brouhaha over copyright infringement, to be honest, I was scared away.

But I'm a visual person. And Pinterest looked as if it would be something I'd like. If only I could figure out how to use it. What pictures could I pin without getting in trouble? If I used Pinterest to help market my books, where was the line between being an engaged pinner and a spammer? (And I don't want to spam any site if I can help it.)

I found this article via my Sisters in Crime loop. And I decided to implement the ideas. I started an inspiration board for Exterminating Angel, updated my book covers, and added Silent Film Stars and Favorite Mystery Writers. I have other boards I plan to create, including one featuring Kentucky authors, as well as inspiration boards for my other works in progress, and my interests, such as Victorian houses and aviation. A balance between marketing and just sharing who I am.

If you'd like to check my boards out, you can do so here.

Now, to use Tumblr more than I've been doing. :-)

No comments: