Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

As 2014 dawns, it's time to take stock of the writing goals I set myself for 2013 and assess how I did.

In summary, I had two goals last year - to finish both DEAD COOL and the horror novel and get them out on sub.  Happily, I can report that I have achieved both of these goals.  In addition, DEAD COOL has been accepted and will be published this year.  The horror novel, THE WHISPERING DEATH is out on sub, but I am optimistic that I can find a publisher for it this year.

I feel I did not do so well on the self-promotion last year.  I found it a bit hard to get into pimping mode without a forthcoming release, and it is sometimes difficult to stay positive in the face of rejection.  However, with another book coming out, it's time to get back on the horse, as it were.

I also made good progress in 2013 with the current work in progress - the 1960s crime thriller I am working on with Hubby.

With this in mind, these are my goals for 2014:

1.  Find a publisher for THE WHISPERING DEATH
2.  Have at least one promotional event per month in 2014
3.  Get to the final draft of the current WIP
4.  Start the first draft of a new WIP

I begin 2014 feeling fairly positive about the writing.  Let's hope it continues.

I wish you a Happy New Year, and whatever your own goals are for 2014, I hope you achieve them.

No comments: