Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Family Tradition is Here!

Sorry, all, but yes, another short story release. I'm stoked to announce "Family Tradition" is now available from MuseItUp Publishing and Amazon. Not only that, it's already received four positive reviews.

This means a lot to me because I almost gave up on this story. When I sent it to a beta reader, and she said she enjoyed it, I was, as Grimm (from Mother Goose and Grimm) would say, "Flabbergasted." Someone liked my weird little story about a broke artist hired to paint a model with no face?

"Family Tradition" is a short dark fiction suspense story, and my homage to such shows as Night Gallery, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Thriller, or any of the other suspense anthology television shows from the past. 

But the success of "Family Tradition" has brought me more than good reviews. It's helped bolster my confidence to submit other work. I'm currently in the final round of revisions for my angel UF, "The Zaphkiel Project," and plan to submit it this month. After that, I'll get to work on rewriting The Ripper's Daughter, my vampire Victorian paranormal mystery. That, plus two short stories I'm working on. I'm inspired to get my work out there. Right now, I have full and partial manuscripts taking up space on my hard drive. That doesn't include the many ideas I have jotted down in a file folder on my PC. I'm doing my best to stop being so fearful and get those stories revised and submitted. Figured I'd start with the ones I mentioned above and work from there.

It's not going to be easy. I have a lot of psychological blocks to deal with. But if I succeed, the reward will be that much sweeter.


 

No comments: