Tuesday, October 30, 2012

New Short Story Release!

I'm excited to announce the release of my short horror story, "Obsession", in Spells - Ten Tales of Magic.

This year, I've been busy writing short stories. It's also brought me back to my dark fiction roots and rediscovering the short story writers I admire. I'm glad to see short stories seem to be making a comeback.

Are short stories hard to write? Some authors have admitted they find the format difficult. Since I started out writing short stories, I find it easier than writing a novel. But it may be that I want to get to the point and move on. :-)

I notice I often write characters who become fixated on some person or object. In "Obsession", Corinne is determined her boyfriend promise his undying love. Only problem is, he's dead. Can she extract a promise from beyond the grave? 

Spells is available from Amazon and Smashwords.

No comments: