Tuesday, October 2, 2012

New Anthology Story Released

I'm excited to announce my short story, "The May Lady Vanishes," is included in Beltane: Ten Tales of Witchcraft. This is the third story I've published in the Ten Tales anthologies. Unlike my previous stories, which were dark fiction suspense, "The May Lady Vanishes" is more positive. Well, nobody dies. :-) Then again, it's only appropriate, given Beltane is a time to celebrate life and love. It was also a chance for me to write about what's considered taboo in romance: the interracial romance. (Now I can't understand why that's considered taboo, but apparently it is in some circles.) Being a rebel, I couldn't resist throwing Taboo over my shoulder and kicking dust in his face.

"The May Lady Vanishes" also deals with racism. Not the overt kind, but the subtle, insidious type that plays itself off as helpful "suggestions." For Andre, the main character, trying to fit in as the newest coven member is hampered not only by the feeling certain members don't want him around, but also by his contentious relationship with Dominic, his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend. When Melissa vanishes, Andre believes Dominic is responsible.

To find out more about Beltane: Ten Tales of Witchcraft, check out Amazon or Smashwords.    

No comments: