Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Options

Last night, I finished my round of content edits for my short dark fiction suspense story, "Family Tradition," and the story has now been sent to the line editor.

Hard to believe this story releases in three months, give or take a week. I've started lining up guest blogs. Once I have cover art, I'll be able to work on promotion/marketing.

I'd be remiss if I didn't say I was excited to see what the cover artist's rendition will be. I've got an idea of an image I would use, but I'll save that for the trailer. :-) 

Meanwhile, I'm working on revisions for another short story. I don't know the fate of this one. If the editor rejects it, I'll submit it elsewhere.

These are exciting times for publishing. Traditional, indie, digital, small press, etc., whatever you like. As someone who writes multi-genre work, I don't have to worry about some publisher "pigeonholing" my books. If one editor/publisher rejects me, I'll just send my story to someone else. Or I'll self-publish it.(Caveat: Of course, all writers know never to submit a story until it's as well-written and free from errors as it can possibly be.)

Yep, I like having options. :-)

No comments: