Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Writing Update - February 2012

I thought it was about time for a roundup of current news in my writing world.

Firstly, the big news is that I have been asked to contribute to an anthology on the subject of siblings - one of whom must have a dark secret - that is to be part of Hersham Press's pentanth series, to be published in September 2012.

The other four writers involved are Richard Farren Barber, Stuart Hughes, Sam Stone and Simon Kurt Unsworth.

This is tremendously exciting for me, as it's the first time I've been approached to write something that's not been vetted or auditioned first. The fact that there's an assumption I can write something good enough to compete with these other marvellous writers is singularly thrilling and terrifying.

However, one obstacle at least has been overcome. I've got an idea for my story, and I'm already 3,000 words in to the first draft. So I have plenty of time to polish it up to publishable standard. She says confidently...

And what of other writing projects? Work on my short story collection SOUL SCREAMS continues apace, though its release date has been put back a little. We are now expecting the e-book and the print version to be released in June. I will reiterate this will available in print as well as electronic format. So all of you who keep saying you don't like e-books and prefer 'proper' books have no excuses with this one. A paper version will be available.

On top of all this, I still have my two WIP novels on the go - the second Shara book, and the new horror novel.

So already 2012 is proving to be a very busy year, and it's only just started!

No comments: