Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Playing Hidden Object Games

One of my favorite pastimes is playing Hidden Object Games (HOG). I also like to play chess, but that's another blog post.

For those of you unfamiliar with HOG, the goal is to solve a mystery, find a treasure, etc. via finding hidden objects and often solving mini logic puzzles. Complexity varies with each game but there are often walk-throughs available.

Most of the HOG I play contain mystery/supernatural themes/elements. My favorites include Phantasmat, Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst, Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, The Exorcist, and Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial. Of course, this is only a partial list and certainly not conclusive.

Why do I like HOG? Part of it's the mental challenge, hence my love of crossword puzzles and chess. (I also like playing video games on occasion. Right now I have my eye on L.A. Noire.) With HOG and video games, it's the game play, character designs, backgrounds, story line, and music that, hopefully, when combined, will create an overall enriching gaming experience. Big Fish Games offers an hour free trial for their HOG. Worth checking out if you're interested.

  

1 comment:

jovana@Hidden Object Games said...

Hidden Object Games or HOG are my favorite games, not only because they're good games, but because they represent challenge, the chess the puzzles.... they all help in maintenance of mental health!!!