Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2012: The Year of the Critiques

Happy Valentine's Day!

After about a year of indecision, I finally joined Sisters in Crime last month. I also joined their critique group, the Guppies, and my local chapter this past Saturday.  In my short time with them, I've learned information that will help my writing.

Part of my concern was how did SinC react to e-books? Did they embrace or eschew them? So far, all indications seem to be acceptance. Traditional publishing avenues aren't ignored, either, so there's a nice balance of information and opinions.

I'm currently on the third (fourth?) draft of my vampire Victorian paranormal m/m mystery, The Ripper's Daughter. Once I have a solid draft ready, I hope to send it to my Guppies group for critique. 2012 is going to be the year of critiquing, I see. I really want to submit work this year so I'm making a conscious effort to finish revising these stories and getting them out. (Fingers crossed...)

Other than that, I have some news I'm waiting to tell. Should be very soon so hopefully I can post it next week. Bounce. Bounce. Bounce.

No comments: