Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Expanding My Reading Horizons

Like many Goodreads members, I'm participating in their reading challenge. My goal: 100 books in 2011.

I'm also challenging myself to make sure at least 50 percent of those books are by authors I've never read before. Same goes for reading a variety of genres and sub-genres.

To help me reach my goal, I'm noting authors and/or books that pique my interest. For example, a review of a Sebastian St. Cyr mystery sent me to the local library to check out C. S. Harris's Where Serpents Sleep. Another site, devoted to steampunk, had me checking out a copy of Boneshaker (Cherie Priest) and The Iron Duke (Meljean Brook). A fellow writer recommended Jim Butcher's Dresden Files and the novels of Mike Carey.

Fellow writers are also added to this list. After all, supporting each other is a win-win situation. :-)





 

No comments: